View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Michelle, one thing many of us experience is the fact that others may not know how bad our drinking problem is. Even if it's only bad in our own eyes.
A year ago I had several people deny that I had a problem with alcohol.

Some just don't understand or are unwilling to accept it. As long as you stand your ground - do what's best for you - you are the winner.
Most definitely. In the end, it's about ME making the decision that is best for ME. Those that are true friends are going to support me. I've learned over the years that "drinking" buddies tend to fall by the wayside pretty easily.

This morning was nice. My oldest daughter called out of the blue. She didn't want anything, there was no drama. She wanted to chat and nothing more. She was proud of herself for paying a parking ticket without asking her dad for help. We're having issues (well, growing pains, ha) but I'm happy to see that she is taking steps to be more independent.

I'm also disappointed that my daughters and I got busy last night and missed the meteor shower. Oh well, we'll catch the next one ha ha