Old 04-23-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Good morning all! Feeling better after the big breakup last week with the girlfriend. She's been texting me and wants to work things out, telling me she loves me. In fact, one of those texts just came through as I'm typing up this post. It's really hard because part of me knows that she was really good for me. We had fun. She's my best friend in the country. She's helped me a lot. And she's hurting. It's been a real challenge for me, as I want her to be happy, and feel good. Ugh. But, I think the old saying is: "you can't be a good partner until you have your own $h*t worked out" or something like that. I'm in good shape - just feel the need to put some things in place before I get serious with someone again.

So, I'm going to move on from the past and concentrate on today and the weekend. Plans? None! When's the last time that happened? I think I will do some rooftop gardening. Below is a picture of one of my huge pots. I've become a big fan of "mixing" many species in a pot. Much like a tasty stew, the more you throw in there, the more flavor you get! I have this bad boy in my "shade garden" on the side porch off the bedroom, it's currently one of my favorites. And, it's proof that you don't need flowers to have color!