View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
nymets86

torn, sorry to hear about that situation at work. As for your paper, I think you should just get it done and hand it in. I similarly prefer tests to papers since I feel I better at tests and it's just less time consuming. On some papers, just bite the bullet and hand in something.

This morning I'm really refocusing on this weekend (and the upcoming bachelor party and pair of weddings). While I'm furious about last night and being back at Day 1, I know I can't undo the bad decision that I made yesterday. The thing that eating at me about yesterday is that I just opted to drink so easily. I was basically tired of coming up with reasons of why I wasn't drinking and rather than do it again, I stupidly just gave in and made the decision to drink. And then instead of stopping at 1, kept ordering more. Again, good thing is I didn't get wasted and wake up in a hospital. I wanted to come right back on here as last summer when I got 30 days, I drank once (similarly to last night it was in moderation), but never came back here and then just went right back to my drinking ways.

So while I'm back at Day 1, I do feel that the 62 sober days was still good progress and that I can't let last night ruin my resolve to quit. This quitting thing is really hard and I can't make it harder on myself by labeling it a complete and utter failure to be back at Day 1