Old 04-23-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until....

It's always darkest before the dawn. I can attest that hope was always brightest at dawn. It was dusk that crushed my soul.

Day in and day out the constant thinking of drinking. The awful emotions of darkness. Of a complete lack of hope that I could make a change.

That's one of those things about early recovery I hated most. The humongous gap between want and action. Between a Thursday filled with optimism and a Monday filled with regret. Between hope and hopelessness.

How do I make hope wider? I thought. A funny thing to think but that's what it was. How can I close the gap between hope and hopelessness? Make a Monday bright and not something to fear.

Hope is not passive. It is an action to be taken by me. It is tangible not in my words but in me asking for help. Going to a meeting. In posting on the weekender thread. Taking my lumps and making them triumphs.

*Ring Ring* that's the freedom bell calling to you. Put down the drink this weekend for the entire weekend and make hope wider for yourself. With us.

Welcome to your sober weekend!!!

K