View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
2muchpain

FreeOwl, Thanks for the clarification. I know change won't take place without action. One thing I am doing is doing things on my own (I think I mentioned that earlier). These activities don't involve interacting with anybody, but at least I'm out of my apartment and around people.
Unfortunately, I don't know any select people to invite to do something. I know some people will say that they are alone or lonely, but then mention something about having lunch with a friend last weekend, etc. Some people really don't have anybody. Really. Putting an ad in the newspaper is interesting, but I'm not sure I could do that.
Just want to say I don't think I'm feeling sorry for myself although it might sound like that. I am very grateful for many, many things. I don't have to deal with the drama many people on SR or at AA meetings have to contend with. I don't sit home and moan and groan about how bad things are because my life for the most part is going really well. It's my responsibility to do things that will improve the quality of my life, nobody else's and because of my actions, things are getting better all the time. No real complaints here. John