View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RJY9

The demon still lurks.

Hi Guys,

At the end of this month I will be 7 months sober. I am having a nice easy life in terms of getting on with the every day things that make a difference in not just my own life but in my family's life to and I m trying my very best to apply the steps and smash the illusion of drinking and have stopped romanticizing over the parts of my selective memories that are telling me to relapse.

However I have noticed recently that the demon does raise its ugly head from time to time and this is usually around 6pm every evening when I am feeling extremely stressed from 9 hours of work. I have to really just sit down quietly and try and relax and unwind naturally with a Cold Can of coke and a cigarette hahahah. Stress and anxiety and fear are the worst things when it come to wanting a cold Beer. But I am getting there and really learning how to play it all forward to the rubbish life that it will all lead to if I pick up that first drink.

My entire family are all so proud of me and I've everything to gain and also everything to loose.

It is getting easier.

Peace. x