Thread: 1 Week
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aajajen

1 Week

Feeling a sense of accomplishment as I wake up this morning. I have gone a week without drinking. Woohoo! Although I am having ****** sleep and still feeling like rubbish, it's getting better. The momentum is building and I am strengthening my resolve to never drink again. Every now and then a thought pops into my head and I think I would like to have a drink at this event or how am I going to do this forever? I am concerned that I might last a couple of months and forget why I stopped. But the more I tell myself that that's it and I just don't do that anymore, the more comfortable I am with it. I just have to remind myself of all the positive reasons to stop. I can't think of any negatives!!! Logging on here regularly and support from my partner and family and friends is helping too. Thanks for sharing your stories, it helps to know that I am not alone in this. I am trying to keep busy is and remain focused. I went to my first hot yoga class yesterday (I reckon I sweated out a bottle of wine that my body was hanging on to). It was the first proper exercise I had done in a long time. Something I wouldn't have done if I was still drinking.

If I can do this you can too!!!!