View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kris47

I do believe that my insomnia is a combination of pain, getting older and also the long years of drinking. My sleep doctor has told me my sleep may never get better. I believe I am going to find a solution. I also believe that the longer I'm sober the better my sleep may become. I do have to state that my sleep was not good while drinking either, 5-6 hours a night. However was the "cause" for my many relapses. I finally figured out the insanity. I may not sleep but that is better than being drunk and not getting sleep as well. duh. I was sleeping 3-4 hours a night for the last several months by taking 6 mg melatonin and 50 mg Benadryl. That was after going off 200 mg trazadone! Even ambien had quit working. I'm finished with sleeping pills. I do take a little Tylenol at night to help subdue some pain.
Have you tried reading the book, Desperately Seeking Snoozin? It in my opinion is one of the better books out there. I have taken 3 courses on the brain and addiction and sleep. Now I am researching prevalent professional sleep doctors and then will get in contact with them. In the meantime, I read a lot!