View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nowsthetime

Hello:

This is a great place to start. Read around a lot and post when you need to. Start by writing down why it is that you want to be sober. Write all the good things that alcohol has brought you and all the bad things that alcohol has brought you. Keep this list close. Then start designing a plan to stay sober. You can research AVRT, AA, SMART or other methods of recovery and start educating yourself. There have been lots of threads about what a plan is here lately. In a nutshell it is what you are going to do to stay sober. For example, part of my plan is posting here whenever I feel like I am letting my AV talk to me, or go for a walk if I crave. Your plan has to be completely tailored to yourself and you can tweak it until you find what works. Your decision and commitment to be sober is the first step but then you have to hit the ground running and start doing the work because your addictive voice will try to get you to drink again. It is not going to bealways easy but it will definitely be worth it.

Stay close to SR. There's support here24/7