View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

Hello everyone. Yesterday was so rough. My oldest daughter and I are still struggling in our relationship. I know some of it is her finding her way as an adult. Some of it is her being so spoiled since she's sick. I never thought I'd have to beg my daughter to visit.

we were so close for so long. Whatever she was going through, I was right there beside her. Now I'm not. Now I'm the last person she wants around. I feel like my heart is breaking.

But getting wasted to deal with it won't help. I actually had a strong thought come to me that I'm going to write on today: High heels and running shoes. Those are two choices I have when things are bad. Am I going to dress up and go out and drink. Or am I going to lace up my faithful running shoes and let exercise heal me and help me destress. Who knows? Maybe it'll be the name of my book.

I sent off a few resumes this morning. I have about 4 more places to send them too. I have a job counselor who is awesome, but I'm feeling the pressure from her to find something soon. I wish I could have her spend a day with me so she can see how hard I am working.

I did talk to someone last night about possibly building his website for a new business. We'll see how that pans out. The money would be nice.

Today, my goal is to do some writing, clean house a bit, send out the remaining resumes to jobs I've come across. Tonight, my daughters and I are starting the Couch to 5K training program.

I know 100% a big part of my recovery needs to be finding a job. Going to work daily, feeling like I'm contributing and doing something with my life will help A LOT. So I keep sending out resumes. At this point, I average about 5-10 resumes a week.

I've gotten quite a few job offers. But once they find out I don't have a car right now, the offers are withdrawn. The frustration is immense. I'm also still fighting with insurance to approve my ADHD medication. We're hoping something will happen today.

So I'm doing a lot to move life forward. I just need something to click and happen.