View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
sg1970

Boy can I relate paintball.

Crabby oldtimers who did nothing but go to meetings. (p.s. if you say this in a meeting I hope it goes better for you than it did for me)
People with crappy shares that I had to endure.
Bible beaters who wanted to baptize me.
The word God everywhere.
The list goes on and on.

But I stuck around because I did see some people who had something I wanted. Even some of the people I criticized. I almost quit after a couple of months but I found a couple of different meetings I could tolerate. I've learned a lot of life lessons in a short amount of time there. Patience, tolerance, true honesty, humility, and many other things that have brought some peace to my life. When I quit drinking I had a lot of anger and pain that I had no idea how to deal with. AA has taught me how to do that without religion.

Perhaps the best thing that could happen to AA is if you stuck around just for a little bit and gave it a shot. If it ends up working for you, you would have a great message to carry to newcomers who are like minded.

Regardless I hope you find some kind of program that works for you and leads you to some peace and serenity in life. It sounds like you have a whole lotta anger over this. It's not worth getting that mad about. Let it go. I try to remember that I wasted a lot of years caught up in anger, sadness, pity, etc when I was drinking. I don't have time for that crap anymore. You only live once.