View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Littlebear

Sober hangovers??

Hi everyone. The title says what I feel like - a lot of mornings including right now. Like i have woken with a hangover without alcohol. Its not every morning but quite a few of them.

I found this site the same weekend I decided to stop drinking and the advice i have found hear either directly or read about has helped me remain sober now 65 days!! (can't believe it really). I am soooo...ooo grateful as i dont have any other support other than here.

But...a lot of the time I wake up incredibly groggy, sometimes with headache, feeling lethargic, and sometimes with a bad taste in my mouth. I have been to the Gp and he hasn't found anything 'wrong' (-although I didn't tell him about the alcohol problem - too ashamed) and anyway don't intend starting drinking again. I am already sleeping not too badly now (didn't the first few weeks) so don't think it's that...

Do any of you recognise this feeling - a bit like a hangover? I had an awful lot of 'illnesses' the first few weeks of abstinence...bronchitus, then the cold, sore throats, aches and pains and generally yucky. Thankfully all have all passed. My biggest fairly consistent concerns have been low feelings and facing the isolation and loneliness I have...that i can already see alcohol made worse...which I am trying to both 'feel' and slowly do something about using some of the good advice I receive and read about here.

But I have this feeling a lot of mornings of real difficulty waking...as described above... Would really appreciate hearing others' experience/thoughts?