Old 04-20-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Pouncer

Feeling good right now. The best thing happened. My husband finally heard my whining to get the booze out of the house. He is a daily wine drinker and he took all of his wine out. I didn't notice until I was getting out some milk for the kids. The wine is always next to the milk and I noticed nothing was there. There is no alcohol in the house. Yippee!

I also asserted my boundaries with my sister-in-law. I told her I could help her this weekend when I have time. Not anytime during the week.

In a way, I have to admit that a little bit of me died inside when I understood that there was not a drop of alcohol in the house. I think that was my AV feeling dejected. It is still whimpering, 'Maybe he hid it somewhere inside the house.'

Got the kids in their pajamas and off to bed. Husband is 45 minutes away from home. I am just sitting down for a late dinner - sirloin and spinach salad. I don't think I was craving alcohol tonight because I was proactive and resolute about staying sober. I have to give you all a big 'thank you' for getting me through this. It was so much easier with help.