View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by bemyself View Post
You bolster Socrates' argument that the unexamined life is not worth living. [One of my retorts occasionally to people who say 'you think too much']. Most of those don't realise that we not only 'think', but feel and experience, and it's all an indivisible package. Hence Socrates' point.
Hi bemyself.

Interesting. I first studied Plato and Socrates (as well as a few others) in high school, and was so taken by it that I went on to major in philosophy. Yes, "the unexamined life is not worth living." Before I even knew what the word 'resonate' meant, Socrates' words resonated deeply within me. I should have known right then and there that I was in trouble.

You wrote some very nice things, and I appreciate that. I also appreciate your willingness to help and offer support.

Personally, I've learned much more in life through suffering, mine and other people's, than through anything else. Sometimes I just don't want any more (what my therapist called) FLEs -- effing learning experiences. Right now, I'd rather be happy in my stupidity.