Old 04-19-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
MJane91

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
I've been in AA for the last year, and must admit that I was initially surprised by how many ladies I've met who also had issues around food. Now I understand a bit more of the emotional stuff surrounding alcoholism I'm less surprised. (Funnily enough - I was actually listening to a lady speaker talking about her alcoholism and eating disorders last night - bet I won't be able to find it again.)

Anyway - welcome to SR. There is a wealth of support and information on this forum. Good luck. xx
Well I did try and look online to see if there was a link between eating disorders and alcoholism but I didn't have much luck. But its nice to know there are a lot of other woman out there that can understand and support me. My story is abit weird though I didn't develop an eating disorder from the start I had a dodgy operation which caused gastroparesis and I lost lots of weight and couldn't keep food down however my brain twisted being 'sick' into being slim which now I know is mental!! Im a lot happier now I eat and keep fit. But then I suffered a lot with anxiety and OCD because of this which ultimately I turned to alcohol without realising it because I liked that relaxed feeling you get like you don't have a care in the world until the next day you wake up and regret it EVERY TIME !! lol But I now know staying sober is the key for my recovery in everything, sorry for the rant im just so happy there is this type of support and other people I can relate to

Thank you x.x.