View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Glad you had a good time Tetra. That sounds great, especially everyone chiming in to sing.

Snookered. That was one I think EndGame forgot. I've been snookered! Thanks for the insomnia tip, Saoutchik. Next time I'm up in the wee hours. Pouncer, sorry you're having trouble sleeping. Maybe tonight's the night.

HaF, thank you for the estroven tip. I'm going to get some.

Weasel, gorgeous pictures! I want a lobster roll now. But not super smelly Spam. Collectors addition canned meat product. Hmmm. What does that say about shelf life? Twinkies and spam will feed us all after the apocalypse.

Ok, what haven't I done today? Oh, housework. After gymnastics class I dropped my children at my parents and walked two blocks to an estate sale to check it out and meet a friend I met in AA. While we were wandering around a guy from AA walked up to us to say hello. Proof that we are everywhere, doing everything.

Then I was greeted by another woman who lives around the corner from me. Last weekend she was out working on her yard and three of her chickens were wandering down the block. "Your friends are taking a stroll" I commented. I want chickens.

After the estate sale my friend walked with me to my parent's and visited a few minutes. I stopped at the grocery store and bought fixings to make guacamole. Got home, make guacamole and a jicama slaw. I never tried jicama, bought one to expand my horizons and am bringing the slaw to my brothers for the family party I'm attending this evening.

And no housework. Other than sweeping. And refereeing children's squabbles. I'm ready to tear out my hair. When the kids said they wanted to go to the estate sale, absolutely NOT was the response.

I can do this. Deep sigh. I'm on my last nerve. At least at my brother's they will have their cousins to run around and play with.