Thread: I Want To Be...
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by SoberRunner View Post
... Or look and see if Orangetheory Fitness is in your area. It's a specialty gym so all they do are the cardio/strength (group) workouts; each session is 60 minutes.

Also, I didn't mean to overlook your previous post on my thread. Sorry!
No, I don't have a kindle but I'm loving your diorama idea! I've never heard of those (but I've seen a few) and it would be cool if I could make one. I love animals so I'd be interested in making a zoo, but I'm not much of an artist so who knows what it'd end up looking like! Lol.
No probs.

I looked the Orangetheory Fitness up in the UK - it's only in London at the moment, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. It might just work its way to my area as well.

I did a term of dioramas with my pupils at school as part of their Arts Award work - they all have special needs to varying degrees so it was slow progress but they all turned out well. We used a lot of collage effects for backgrounds, and they found images on-line to print and stick on card for different things in their scenes as well as drawing and making bits and pieces. It was a pretty cool project. As many of them are non-verbal, or have limited communication I feel like I learn a lot about them while we work on the projects where the have free rein to take it in the direction of their choosing. There were aircraft hangars, skateparks, play parks, beaches, Disney scenes, bedrooms, kitchens, Wonkas chocolate factory, pubs, night-clubs, rabbit warrens, Smurf villages, forests, mountains, corner shops, planes flying, dream scenes, ... I could go on and on and on lol.