View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
TennantSmith

The kids are all up and ready for the day. My girls were the ones babysitting but I ended up doing a lot, so told them I want a cut of the pay, ha.

I woke up so refreshed. No wondering what I did or said the night before, no feverish checking texts, phone logs, and Facebook for messages I'll regret.

Today is going to be busy, but the good kind. Shopping, movies and a workout. I'm really needing to dedicate to my running schedule to reach those goals.

One thing I'm working on is keeping my word. I was the "promise maker" when drunk but then struggled to keep my word once sober. However, I don't blame this on drinking; I had this issue while sober as well.
I'm realizing I can't blame alcohol for behaviors that are all me. I didn't put away alcohol and become perfect. I've just become more aware of my flaws. And that's okay because it's not so scary anymore.

Sometimes I want to cringe when I become aware of a behavior I don't like. But one thing that has helped is taking with my sister more. I've always had her on a pedestal. She never deserved to be on one; none of us do. We're all flawed humans making a life, making mistakes and learning from them.
I'm flawed. I have traits that require change. But it's a hell oh a lot easier to work on things when I'm not working to balance drunk me and sober me.