View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
nymets86

Good luck to your husband Ready!

And no, I've never been to AA. I just find it would be such a massive distraction for me. I don't have a problem with religious people, but I just stay out of those conversations and I kind of roll my eyes at mentions of a higher power. On here, I can obviously choose not to participate in those threads and just kind of gloss over it in posts. I guess maybe that's not a great reason, but it's definitely something that's stopping me from going. I know there are no shortage of meetings in New York City and even with a crammed schedule, I can find time. For the time being, I'm just using this site and my therapist.

I'm happy to report that tonight I didn't have any cravings and have put a lot of thought over what happened yesterday. While I can't really figure out exactly why I decided to drink and stopped myself at the last moment, I do know that it is possible to stop once I've sort of set my mind on it. I don't recall that ever happening before and I know there were times when I felt like I shouldn't drink, but I'd sort of go into autopilot and get ready for everything to drink.

Happy sober weekend everybody