View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
ReadyOrNot123

Checking in now that I'm finally home. I worked at the office today which is not typical - I wanted to provide some moral support for my husband who had a big interview. I would love for him to get this job, it is perfect for him and I think the company would be lucky to have him too. But one thing I have learned over the years is that you simply don't know how things will work out. After he was done we checked out the Marathon finish line which is freshly painted, there are tourists everywhere and the weather is nice -- all in all a good day, but quite long.

Calico, good report from you. I don't keep a journal because I'm terrified that someone will find it and read it after I die. I do / don't do a lot of things for stupid reasons like that. Why should I care - I'll be dead -- but I do care. But I wish I did, because that would be illuminating, to say the very least. What's the play? I don't recall if you said previously.

Soberwolf, how are you doing? Thanks for checking in!

Torn, good luck with the homework, I don't envy that. The hiking sounds good though.

Mets, have you been to any AA meetings? I am not religious, at all. I don't think those meetings are over the top - lots of references to the higher power and all that, but really, you can ignore it. I'm thinking of the social part of it - people are mostly nice, and some of the topics are very thought provoking. I used to go regularly, and I thought that there were a lot of themes that everyone, not just alcoholics, should live by. Why haven't I gotten back? Well, some of the people can get on your very last nerve, and I'm not a big enough person to just let it go. Eventually I drifted away, but it had little to do with religion. There were definitely some meetings I hated and some I liked a lot, so if you decide to give it a try, remember that there are tons of options.

I'm looking forward to a good sober weekend, hope the same for all of you. Until tomorrow...