View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
LBrain

Well, last night was pretty cool. I decided to take the quick drive - 15 minutes up to Building 24 to see Pat Travers Band. I drop 25 at the door and discover some banquet arranged tables with menus and place settings. I find an open seat about 12 feet from PT's mike and monitors. I talked to an old work mate - giving me suggestions on places to work - and ordered a sandwich and a cup of coffee and a tall glass of water. After they get the monitor situation figured out and a problem with the base amp they dig in. Typical old style rock band arrangement, marshalls and ampeg - actually saw pieces (a lot) of drum stick chips flying through the air. They were on it! Talk about dinner music! Typical PT set with the usual covers - Statesboro Blues, Redhouse and a few other. Plus his more notable tunes. The place was rocking. Really liked his version of "I've got news for you" - reminded me a little of the Edgar Winter style on the vocals. Trach has that album EW covers the song. After the show got to hang with the band for a bit. Kirk McKim went into the back and got his sweet blue PRS guitar for a pic. Told him I wanted a pic of the guitar and he got it for me. I got to hold it and examine it - beautiful guitar. PRS makes great guitars.

Tonight is Tedeschi Trucks Band at a neat OLD auditorium. 8th row center. Sweet but won't be hanging out with the band after the show. I'd love to mingle with them after the show but the wife doesn't understand it at all.

MesaMan must be lost in the desert somewhere, so here's a bit of Tedeschi Trucks Band...