View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

So easy to go off on a tear...

I have some pretty bad dental problems (periodontal--I'm a lousy patient and have been living with this my whole life and every now and then I get tired of all the dental stuff and let it "go"--which is never a good thing because the problems return) and am trying to get back on top of it. It's pricy, but I have insurance and can now afford to pay what that doesn't cover.

I was in recently for an expensive procedure. Today, I got an email telling me they were only paying part of the claim because my periodontist isn't participating in their network. I called the insurance company and said this was a mistake, he's in the same practice with the in-network whose claim they did pay. They insisted that in group practices some dentists participate and some do not.

I ranted about how I'd never heard of such a thing, I would be changing insurance carriers, it was ridiculous to have to check to see if the particular dentist in a group practice seeing you that day had different coverage, etc.

Still hot under the collar I called the dentist's office. The woman I spoke with insisted he IS in the network. So anyway it sounds like someone got their info wrong and I won't have to switch dentists (I like this perio--he's a nice guy, and good, so that's HUGE). Hopefully it will all be straightened out by next week.

But I can still feel the adrenalin from my outrage. LOL, so easy to go off on a tear with future-tripping. I was already racing through my mind about how I could find someone else new, that I trusted, that I was finally getting this done and why does it have to be so difficult, yadayada.

Sheesh. Cooling jets.