Old 04-16-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CharlesG

Originally Posted by Pepsi16710 View Post
Hey there. I make beats too, but my routine was to drink while making beats and then be hammered by the end of the music session, by myself albeit. I could barley focus on my ableton screen by the end of the night - and there was plenty of weed smoking going on too. When I played shows I was drunk, stoned, on coke, etc. So was everyone else. I had to actually seperate myself from making beats/music to start recovery b/c it was too much of a trigger. Hang in there, sounds like you are trying to make some positive changes. I am actually on lexapro now to help with anxiety/depression. It has really helped me lift out of the fog. Maybe talk to a psychiatrist - I never thought I would be on meds, but they help. I will be 100 days sober tomorrow.
man congrats!!! the scene is crazy, yea i'm still in a music group with a true proud alcoholic who's still a friend but I won't even let myself be around because.. the saying about "bad" company. but it's true, i feel so much happier not being around that energy. Congrats on your 100 days!! The industry can be a trigger, but I believe we can do this without getting high and drunk. That was def my routine, and it felt like a successful one. I want to do this the right way, and even if that means making music 90% less than I used to. Have to find my groove and identity, thank you for the support! We got this!!