Old 04-16-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Bartacomus

Id like to elaborate a little, and this would be a good thought experiment for everyone.
For some people, especially us raised in an environment laden with divinity".. these issues in themselves are part of our addiction.
From an early age I was in serious conflict with the world and then what I was taught in sunday school.. I am, and have always been, a natural skeptic.. to learn, and observe and to not make assumption, and at the same time to trust in the ways i was raised. It gave rise to conflict between reality and faith.. and a character set which plaques me to this day.
Please don't misunderstand that people like myself and others don't understand "taking oneself out of the equation", or that we don't realize that we have to relinquish the illusion of control.. but that the general concept of "high power" is a TRIGGER for us. as sure as each and every one of your own triggers.
There is a lot of leeway about what a highe rpower is.. to the point where someone once suggested, that i could make a doorknob my higher power. When a loose interpretation in an attempt to satisfy everyones definition of "god" fails to make an impression.. people like us are left with community. Community becomes that replacement.. now, understand how rife this community is with "higher power" talk.
For peoples where that is a trigger in itself, its hard to obtain a good foothold.
its an interesting thought project