View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
johnt99

Originally Posted by NeoGuest View Post
Thanks johnt nothing seems to interest me to much at the moment hope that changes soon as for sleeping it has improved a lot..

onwards and upwards
Yeah, I actually had/have that too. It seems to be getting better for me too. I actually am looking forward to doing certain things, am planning things. I'm not sure if it's boredom, some lack of chemicals reaching the brain, depression, or a combination.

One thing I had thought about in my first couple weeks of sobriety is that, oddly enough when was drinking I didn't particularly like that I was doing it, but at the same time it was what I most looked forward to each and every day. For the most part it seemed like I would just "get through" whatever I needed to do in order to get to the point in my day when I was able to sit back and have that first sip of many. I would actually plan for it, plan things around it, and make sure that it happened, and I looked forward to it. Well, when I no longer had that, I felt lost and almost as though I had nothing to look forward to anymore. I felt depressed and moody and unsure what to do with myself... Maybe this is what you're experiencing too. I still feel it a little, but it is MUCH better now than what it was a couple weeks ago (I'm on Day 31). It's a matter of finding new routines, new things to do, new plans and after a while those are the things you start looking forward to.

Hope things continue to get better!