View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
marie5465

hi ZaB,

I too have been following your thread and want to wish you all the best. It has been very courageous of you to share your journey the way you have and I applaud you for it. It seems that your physical symptoms of withdrawal are on their way out (hurrah!) but that sleeplessness just sounds awful. A wee suggestion from me, have you tried guided meditation to help you to relax and focus your thoughts before bed?

I have been lucky in my past withdrawals that the insomnia has only lasted a night or two, but the meditation really helped to calm me and my racing thoughts. There are many guided meditations on youtube as well as apps for your phone. One I love is by a guy called Glenn Harrold who actually uses hypnosis in his. Don't know if you can get him in SA but I am sure you will find something similar.

I quit a few weeks ago and haven't posted much (twice on the secular forums to be exact lol) I have just been way to busy because I have more energy in these last few weeks than I have had in years! I will get around to introducing myself to the rest of the forum soon though.

Thanks again for sharing your story with us, and good on you for giving up your way!

Last edited by marie5465; 04-16-2015 at 03:23 AM. Reason: did that 'there, their' thing, oops!