Thread: what day is it?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Aellyce

About a month before this time of year was around the time last year when I finally admitted all my procrastinating sins to my former therapist in his office. Many times. I cried over it, too. We then got me on a serious schedule of both psychoanalytical and practical disciplines. One of the first things involved was to file the damn taxes ahead of time, which was a major pain for me back then because I, relatively newly sober, felt like being in a serious chaos of all the endeavors, bank accounts, and businesses I started over many years of globe trotting. Among many other things, the more my drinking progressed, the more I avoided taking proper care of all that. But it would not keep me from starting new things, so go figure...

For my first 3 years in the US, I actually chose not to care about all that mess at all. I was never late with filing my taxes, and I was always owned. But I simply just dealt with it based on my employment in the most minimalistic way possible, and denied everything else. So my therapist last year challenged me to deal with some of the mess, and ahead of time. I did, but incompletely back then.

I did a much better job this year (all done 2 weeks ago) though with putting order into the chaos, and while I now see a different therapist, I scheduled a session with the former one for this Friday to reminisce. Maybe I should get a few unplanned sessions with him from the money I'm getting from being more disciplined. But I actually prefer airplane tickets

I'm still on a strict no procrastination diet though and will be for a while. Sometimes I feel like inserting a fork into that part of my brain and taking off to the Mediterranean to cook and eat it.