Old 04-15-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
EJP

Over the past three years, Ive contemplated going on antidepressants as well. And I was even prescribed snris after my brother in law died and I was having non stop panic attacks and heart palpitations for a week but I didn't start taking them. I bought a book called When Panic Attacks that helped calm me down. Its a great primer on cognitive behavior therapy.

The longer I abstain from alcohol while I eat healthy, exercise daily and meditate, the less depressed and anxious I feel. You'll see people touting the same things over and over but they work! Even after just a week of eating healthy, exercising, and meditating, I feel much better.

I find the difficult part is starting back those behaviors and having the discipline to continue them when its so much easier to just cut loose and kill some beers. Ive yet to abstain from alcohol permanently but I do believe Im on my way there now.

I hope this helps... Im not a doctor. Just a former successful white collar drone seeking some kind of enlightenment while trying to be a decent parent.