Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
We leave Fri about 4. It is HUD training at the housing authority here. I administer housing subsidies. Definitely will not push to come back here! You should become a caterer!
I don't blame you for wanting a nicer venue.

As for the cooking and hosting, thank you for your kind words. I'm not going to deny that I can get a nutritious and tasty meal on the table for whatever the crowd size is, but all that physical and mental effort comes from knowing that I'm cooking for friends and family I know and love. Add in to the equation that I like what I do professionally and have no appetite (pun intended) for taking on the risk of opening a restaurant or catering facility, I'm very happy keeping things they way there are and will be hopefully retiring in a few years.

Blatherings

Kept to my game plan so going to bed sober. All is good on that front and I know that some who read my earlier post about having a glass of wine last night were shaking their heads, but to be honest I'm not beating myself up for it. Full disclosure always with respect to that.

Tomorrow is a big day and not because it's the day that income taxes are due in the USA. Years ago my wife and I promised our kids that we would fund their college educations and tomorrow I'm making my final undergraduate payment for my daughter. I still have two more years for my son and then there is graduate school for both of them, but we've never made any assurances about funding that so while there will certainly be discussions in our collective future I feel as if a large ($57000 US per year) burden has been lifted from my shoulders after tomorrow's payment.

WFT does this have to do with SR? Maybe nothing and maybe a lot. The stress of keeping my promise to my kids is huge and as we all know as stupid as it is, often in the short term drinking relieves the stress, but it's a long term loser of an approach. That's why I brought it up. And while I know that this isn't the best forum to state it, I feel comfortable writing that the one glass of wine I had yesterday, the first taste of alcohol in about a week, is something I can live with. Nothing more than club soda or water tonight and I'll be moving some iron tomorrow AM.

Tired, but sober and soon to bed.