Old 04-14-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TiredOfWaiting0

Antidepressants to aid recovery and positive well-being????

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on antidepressants? Please don't post "seek doctor advice" because I can walk into any clinic and have a doctor prescribe them to me in 5 seconds without consultation. Life experience is way more beneficial than our severely screwed up health care.

I want to gain insight from people who have also questioned whether they would be beneficial to their well-being and why or why not you decided on or against them.

Do you see it as a replacement substance for the ones you are trying to overcome? I feel guilty for considering them but i might actually need them.

We are taught to survive and not reveal our vulnerabilities. We are taught to never seek help because it shows weakness. Could help come in the form of another pill? There is no scientific test to prove you have depression or anxiety. One has to question if these are made up terms. Everyone is NOT supposed to be the same. Are anti-deps a conspiracy for government capitalize off pharmaceuticals and to make everyone think and feel the same? Do antidepressants turn you into a compliant zombie?

Are you also a believer in cognitive behavioural therapy but don't have enough motivation right now to set you on the behavioural changing path? Did you succumb to antidepressants to commence your journey?

Did you use SSRI's or MAOI's?

I'm seeking help and horror stories.