View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PedroChavez

A big Thank You to everyone here

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone here.

Thank you to the newcomers who, like me, are just starting out on the journey towards sobriety and have been brave enough to share the problems they're experiencing. It's been crucial for me to know that I'm not facing this alone.

Thank you to those who've achieved longer term sobriety. Your inspiration, experience and encouragement is helping me a lot.

Thank you to the people who pay for and maintain this website. You're helping countless thousands of people and, I suspect, saving a good many lives.

I'm only on day 11 of sobriety. I know that's not much, but it's the longest I've been sober in over 20 years. I don't think I'd even have got this far without these forums. I'm gradually learning to try and have plans for different situations, to recognise the voice of addiction when it tries to seduce me. I'm practising mindfulness when the cravings get too bad (although I'm not sure if I'm doing it right). I'm even beginning to think about what I might start doing with all this spare time I've got. Life, it seems, is full of possibilities. This is all down to stuff I'm learning here.

So thank you to everyone for all that you're teaching me. I'm sure I've got a lot still to learn. Now for day 12.