View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
heartcore

Wow - you're doing a really good job taking care of yourself on a daily basis. Flowers for your office and a yummy lunch!

I do get myself little food treats on particularly long work days (as evidenced by my "zero weight lost sobriety"), but never think of buying myself flowers. That is a great idea and one which I will adopt. I have begun buying flowers for others in sobriety - AA friends on their birthdays, people who help me with things (like my tax lady, today...).

And I agree with you on the sleep! I actually thought I had night sweats as an aspect of getting older, but it turns out that was just alcohol! Now I sleep through the night like a child, all snuggled up with the pup. I had tremendous difficulties with sleep in the first couple of months of my sobriety, and this is a nightly (and daily, because I feel so much better) gift.

In terms of other self-care, especially when I have heavy work weeks, I do get massage, facials, and get my hair done - typically one of the three every week or two. I was never very into any of that girly stuff (and sometimes it feels silly, because this is Alaska, and nobody really cares...), but I just love the way it feels to get fussed over for an hour.