View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Frixion
Journey of Sobriety

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
I often have waxed rhapsodic on here about the wonders of sober sleep. To sleep deeply, without waking in the middle of the night, sweating and heart pounding, has been one of my greatest joys.

This morning, a good night's sleep is at the top of my gratitude list. Last night I came home from an 11 hour day at the office, spent. I knew it was going to be a long day and had given myself a few treats to make it through, including flowers for my office and a special lunch, but I still was sapped. In the past, I would have come home and quickly drained two glasses of wine. Instead, I had a cup of tea,watched a little bad tv, and went to bed.

It is going to be another long one today, but I feel so grateful to be facing it this morning rested, without a hangover. Good rest is one of those seemingly small things that I hadn't even realized I had given up when I was drinking.

Have a great day.
It's incredible how much things change after getting sober! Sleep, diet, social life, work, family relationships, etc. I have to say that sleep is one of the most important aspects, because with better sleep there is so much more energy to live life. Thanks for the post!