View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pipedreamer

I posted a many times on here claiming I was ready to stop, and made it a whole 12 hours. one time even a whole week. Other times I posted on here in the night, hammered and filled with self loathing, crying and trying to convince myself it was the last night. Sometimes being on the forums is hard, because it makes you think about drinking, and even with all the great stories of sobriety the alcoholics voice is trying to tell you that you are different, you can make it.
My point is, being reminded of who you are, or who you were doesn't have to be bad thing. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves so that we don't forget. other times we have to remind ourselves in order to remember how we got where we are, and cherish it all the more because we know the struggle. Our past is what makes us, the mistakes, and the pain, as well as the love and the good. By all means, carry that vendetta, and harness its strength to fight the addiction, but let go of the vendetta against yourself. Love yourself, because you deserve it.