View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Well, I guess say that because I posted today that I had drank too much over the weekend and had some discomfort. Mild body temperature changes, the heart beat thing, and a little anxious. Hate it. I spend most of my time sober, and I like how I think and feel. So I guess I am just being a little whiny. What is frightening to me is some of the things you went through. It had to be pretty difficult. I admire your honest and detailed account of the process. The mild convulsions would scare me. Its impressive to me that you were able to keep your composure and fight your way through it. When I get even the most mild withdrawal symptoms the first thing I do is get angry with myself.
I saw your post. Remember Thomas, not everyone goes through the same things. I was also a very heavy drinker. I can tell you though, every time you relapse, it gets worse and more dangerous. So I have probably used up my nine lives. I have to be honest, so that anyone reading should know what they could expect. It is not to say a moderate drinker would have convulsions, but it is also not to say that a heavy binge drinker would not have convulsions. I have probably lost the one person most dear to me, if I did not stop, I would have lost the only thing I have left - my life. You should look up urge surfing. Also take some vitamin B12. Don't get angry with yourself, get angry with the booze. You need yourself to fight the booze, therefore you need yourself on your side.