View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BeachLiving

1 month Sober - But I may lose my wife

Hi,
I have been trying to quit on and of for years. I am co-dependent with my wife and we drink between 8 to 15 shots of Vodka per day.

It was not always that bad until we stated drinking in the morning to feel "normal". Then it got so bad that my wife got so sick that she couldn't run our business and I could hardly function at my job.

To Make a long story short, we go t tired of it and went to the Doctor and got Librium.

I have been sober a little over month and will never drink again.
My Wife however lasted 1.5 weeks and slowly built back up to 8 to 15 sots.

The worst is when she has 4 in the morning, sleeps then has 6 to 8 at night.

When that happens she becomes violent.
Last week she held scissors to her throat and threatened suicide.
Last night she threatened suicide and cut her wrists. It wasn't deep enough but I still feared that the next time she would do it for real. I called her family and told them about the Alcoholism (she thought they didn't know but they had known for years). They said "call the police" (which I wanted to so anyways).

I called the police and they took her away for a 5150 Psych evaluation.
Now she says she is leaving me (flying home to the parents that told me to call the police) and wants a divorce.

I am not sure if I did the right thing. She just wanted attention and now my marriage is over. Then again, maybe one of these times she would actually kill herself? If that is the case then I would rather be alone with her still alive.

Is here a better way I could have handled this?

Brian