Old 04-12-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2muchpain

I have been to several treatment centers. One of the nice things is that while there, the only thing you need to deal with is you. You get to just focus on getting healthy, and finding ways to stay healthy once you leave. You will feel much more confident and stronger to deal with any personal issues, and have better coping skills to help you. As much as I hated going, I eventually got to the point that I did not want to leave. The idea of having to go back out to the real world and deal with all the stress was pretty scary.
One thing that you should strongly consider while your there is to have a plan before you leave. Not when you first get there. You'll be kept very busy with meetings, etc., and that will take you a while to get used to. But don't walk out without a plan, including support. They'll help you with this anyway.
The one's that did well when they left were the one's that were serious about getting sober. I heard many sad stories about what happened to some of the people I met, who were just putting in there time, and counting the days before they could leave.
My advice is to just relax and enjoy the experience. There is nothing scary about treatment, but it does take a lot of courage to go. Your doing the right thing. Let me know if you have more questions. Always happy to help. John