View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
honeypig

I don't know, daydreamer, it's coming across that you are honest and open and passionate and so on...all good things, but some discretion needs to be used in real life, you know? And yes, you surely have the choice to choose NOT to use any discretion, to tell complete strangers very private info on your blog, just as you can choose to get all wrought up about how other people aren't meeting your standards for loyalty, but is it really worth it? Does it change those other people one bit? Are any of these folks going "Wow, now I see the error of my ways and I'm going to act completely different in the future!"? Probably not, right?

So what I'm trying to tell you here is that you can spend a lot of time and energy trying to change how other people behave, b/c they aren't acting the way they are "supposed" to (meanwhile jacking yourself up b/c after all, you are so honest and open and passionate, why aren't they?), or you can spend that time and energy on making your own life/world better. The former is utterly futile. The latter is wonderfully productive.

Wishing you strength and clarity.