View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ZaBoozer

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
Hey everyone! I have gotten myself down to drinking only on Friday and/or Saturday nights. I know that's still not sobriety but I've come from realistically drinking up to 5 times a week excessively. Most weeks now I get drunk on Friday and keep myself busy enough to make it to Friday next week without a sip. I am kind of stuck here now and don't know how to finally kick this thing in the butt once and for all. I have found that slowly cutting back days has been a great approach to slowly quitting but I'm worried I'm only doing this because I know I still have a drink waiting for me. Complete abstinence has been a huge failure for me. But convincing myself that once a week is ok has kind of gotten the binge drinking 3-5 days a week problem under control. Now I just gotta stop binging once a week and abstinent!! So hard to do though Is this "style" of quitting sensible? In my eyes I've done a great job slowing down and cutting days off however I'm still drunk once or twice a week
Hey scared,

What is scaring you about quitting? Are you scared of the withdrawal symptoms? Are you scared of losing a crutch? Are you scared of losing your buddies? Are you scared that you won't fit in being sober?

The list is endless mate.