Old 04-12-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Solarion

Up at 6:30 AM today. Had macaroni salad with tuna, peas and corn mixed in for breakfast, then some iced tea.

Pulling out of a funk, or the funk is subsiding with time. Never got out of the house farther than the mailbox yesterday. Took a nap after dinner. Spent a long time browsing for books and movies on Scribd and Netflix, saving many for later which I will never read or watch. Free-floating discontent all evening, and I was feeling so contented recently.

Didn't feel like going out to see a band, to be around people. I would have just felt lonelier in a crowd. [Note: even when I was drinking I would usually only pay cover at a club and just drink water there -- Mr. Thrifty Solitary Drinker.] I did eventually read part of "A Return to Love" before I went back to bed.

News of militant anti-gay Christian blackshirts in Brazil made me feel like drinking this morning. Just another nice warm punch in the gut "because God said so."

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and so what. I need to get out of this mood.

I did watch a couple videos by MGMT and one by "Of Monsters and Men" that cheered me up a little. Recently there has been a local radio station that I like (there have been years when it was slim pickins radio-wise) and the lyrics "family of trees falling, to be haunted" caught my ear, so that's how I found MGMT, whose song "Kids" that comes from. I was surprised to find that MGMT is an American band, because they seemed Euro in the videos, maybe Swedish. But cool to have found them.

Anyway, blah blah blah. I'll live. Sheets are clean and I'm not hungover.