Old 04-11-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Tetra

I'm in. Sorry I'm a bit late.
I'm typing on my phone so I can't read all the replies.
My laptop went to sleep and didn't wake up a while ago. Well, it could have been brought back to life at a cost of €120, which I thought was a bit steep. I checked with my brother, the family "computer expert" who said "I bought it second hand for €200 so do not under any circumstances pay €120 to get it fixed".
Ok, so he will be home in May for Grandma's 90th. Apparently himself and his wife will have two laptops (for people) in each suitcase, so we will see how it works out

So what can I say?
Well, hand on heart, this is the happiest I have been in a long, long time. I really like my workmates. On Friday there is a real camaraderie. I usually start work at 8:30. I am the administrator so they are usually ahead of me. Last Friday someone said at 9:30 "who is coming for coffee break/"second breakfast?"
(Note the Hobbit reference)
One thing I have noticed is that I have gained some weight. I was never huge but when I first got sober my brother used to call me "chicken legs". No fear of that now! My mother cried when she saw me back then. I bought a pair of black pants the last time I was on holiday in France which I can no longer zip up. But it's ok. I'm happy
It's hard working in an office. It's always someone's birthday or someone is arriving or leaving or it's Monday or Friday and we have chocolates in the office
No wonder my brother always said "computer work is why I play handball in the evening".
So I'm going to eat this magnum before I go for a walk in the sun and I will think of all of you.

Happy weekend