Old 04-11-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by jazzfish View Post
Originally Posted by GerandTwine
What sentences and feelings were going through your head during the five minutes up to the very moment you swallowed the first gulp of your last drinking episode?
I'm not sure on the first part, but I would guess it was either seeking pleasure as a reward for hard work, or seeking pleasure as relief from stress.
When I decided it was against my better judgement to keep eating man-made sweets, that wrongness of doing so came up more frequently during those moments just before I ate some more man-made sweets.

If you believe drinking some more is against your better judgement, it's hard to imagine that wrongness of doing so never came into your thoughts or feelings in the five minutes before you swallowed that first gulp of your last drinking episode.

What I did was to take the plunge, and I made a Big Plan for man-made sweets; and it stands in my mind rock solid along side my Big Plans for alcohol/drugs and caffeine.

Originally Posted by jazzfish View Post
Originally Posted by GerandTwine
After making your Big Plan, what actions need to be implemented towards it?
There are only two actions to consider drink or don't drink. Don't drink is the action to choose - a non-action really.
With my Big Plan for alcohol/drugs I discovered I was unable "to consider drink or don't drink". The Big Plan took all that away - permanently. I wanted the Big Plan to take that choice away, and now I know the Big Plan does take that choice away. When the thought of beverage alcohol comes to mind, I simply do not know how to consider drinking it. I just can't.

The idea that "Someday It Will Be Time to Consider Drinking Again" is just me reading the headstone on the grave of my Beast of Booze.