Old 04-11-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
MesaMan

A fine Saturday Morning to all!

Just another fine day in Paradise, here. Fab Weather. More unpacking of Moving Boxes. Mebbe Homemade Sushi Rolls for Breakfast. Because we can. Avocado. Fake Crab. Scallions. Sriracha Chili Sauce. Despite being Terminally Caucasian, I'm getting kinda-good at getting the Rice 'just right'. Later, a Dog Play Date in the afternoon at the Dog Park/Open Space.

I got some Industrial-style Drapes hung yesterday to temporarily cover the 10'-wide Guest Bedroom Closet. The trick was to make some side Supports for the Drape Rod out of 2x4s that screwed into the Rough-In Lumber sides. I didn't want Bracket holes above in the Drywall. Mission Accomplished. I've got to muck with that Roughed-in Opening to install proper Closet Doors down the Road. All the connections for a future High End A/V System are at one Closet end, so A/V Gear access is key. The A/V Gear all comes over in one last Move in a few weeks. THEN, the fun begins of fitting it all in, and tuning the Studio Monitor Speakers in an Environment of smooth Walls and Polished Concrete Floors. A huge Throw Rug and a cushy Couch will help offset echo. Good Audio minutiae to direct my A-R propensities toward.

All this talk of Meditative Vistas - and, that sho is a nice spot to Swing shown above - made me think of a past Birthday Present: this solid Concrete Buddha. Weighs the proverbial Ton. Took 4 of us to jockey it into place here out West temporarily. This Pic is from the City House Backyard. It reminds me of this Lyric sung by Paul Simon's Wife...

'Philosophy, is the talk on a cereal box
Religion, is a smile on a dog
I'm not aware of too many things
I know what I know if you know what I mean'

'What I Am' ~ Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians

-

-