Thread: Need to share
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
newpage119

Originally Posted by Lance40 View Post
I'm a little down and need to share here because Just like a dessert lover who gets diabetes and has to give up sweets, I have a disease that requires me to make certain sacrifices. Those sacrifices aren't always fun, and maybe they never will be. I choose to do this anyway, and tomorrow when I wake up sober to a new day I'm going to choose sobriety again, and again, and again.

Thanks for listening.
Lance,
This is a beautiful post. I think so many of us have times when we miss the fun and sparkle of the alcohol laced evening. The clinking of beautiful crystal champagne glasses, the choosing of the right wine, etc.
And we forget about the aftereffects and negatives that always come along for the ride.

I try not to think of my quit as a sacrifice.
That is opening up a crack for the AV to slither in......
Instead try to use words that are more positive. It is not a sacrifice, but rather a maturing and a blessing. An enlightenment, a huge step down a path to happiness.

And be proud of yourself that you left the establishment sober. Don't walk dejectedly, but instead hold your head high, and congratulate yourself! You did great!