View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
RunnerBean

Why can't you watch the fight at home with headphones in? = No noise to wake up the family.

There are always ways and means, you don't ''have to'' go to a bar where there'll be copious amount of alcohol and cocaine at all.

You could also turn your phone off and watch it the next day, as well.

Besides, Maywether wins on points as per because the fight has come a couple of years too late for Pacquiao, so now you know what happens anyway ; )
I always found watching boxing matches in bars quite a frustrating experience because most of the 'lads' tend to become legends in their own heads after a few beers and/or lines and think they could get it on with the blokes in the ring, although they probably haven't ever laced up a pair of gloves in their lives. You know the guys I'm talking about

Joking aside, I have been following your thread closely because we are around the same age and I've faced some very similar challenges to you in the past. I'm also a big boxing (& football fan). I have had to break the watching sport with alcohol habit, which has led to some early sacrifices (missed a few of my teams' games and worked out furiously instead), but now I'm able to comfortably watch them sober.

Too bad we're not closer geographically, you could have watched it here, I've got two sober friends coming round for a PS4 night, followed by the fight.

Make sure you stick to your fight though, Cohiba

Last edited by RunnerBean; 04-10-2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typo