Old 04-10-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Good job Cohiba! That's great that you will be sober for work.

Weasel, that sounds like a great thing to do. I'm impressed that all that done taken care of in four hours. I've been invited to do something similar through church but have never been able to make it. I'll have to ask when the next one comes up.

Saoutchik, nerf guns. My son has an array of them. I'm glad I wear glasses. It gets tricky around here sometimes. Eventually he runs out of darts and then doesn't pick them up. I do so I have quite a supply. He doesn't directly intend to shoot them at people but he is exuberant.

Is Brain still fishing? What's on the menu?

I bought canned chicken soup, saltine crackers and ginger ale for stomachs this evening although no takers so far. They are whining and fighting so must be improving. My supervisor texted me asking how they were and I felt guilty because they are no longer on deaths door. We always have to go back to the office in the afternoon unless we have something major going on and even then we have to ask permission. Like a teenager getting a hall pass to use the bathroom. I didn't want to go to the office. Ok. There. I said it. My poor mother would have stayed longer if she had to but not be happy about it. She's watched them three days straight and that's a lot when you're 70. Even so, I feel like I'm going to get in trouble for having the nerve to have sick kids and an older mother. If we had enough staff to cover for me, I would have called in sick this morning. But I couldn't. I've called in sick once in almost two years. I think that's pretty darned good. Beats the before time.