View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
tazzle

Hello all, remember me? Rest assured that I have been checking in to SR, just haven't sat down to post anything. Life is life, normal ups and downs. Settled in to the job fairly well. learning to interact with the inmates has been an eye opener, to be "fair, firm and consistent" is easier said than done. I do not look into why they are incarcerated, I have to treat everyone, from jaywalkers to murderers, to pedophiles the same, so the less I think about why they are there the easier. They are in jail being punished, not to be punished.
Husband and I have joined a gym! I realized that I had to do something, so I took the leap, paid the money and jumped into the deep end so to speak. I want to go to a yoga class but have not been able to connect yet, and watching video's isn't my thing. Loosing weight has been difficult, seems like I gained after joining, and that all my work outs have gone the wrong way, but I need to persevere and all should work out. This has also developed an issue with me in regards to my husband. He was all gung ho about getting in shape, and I thought we were on the same page, but that seems to have changed after the first two weeks. He hasn't gone to work out, nor really changed his eating habits, the other day our neighbors brought us two Easter dinner plates of food, I was at work, so husband not only ate both plates ( he said they were small) but also had what he was making for his dinner anyway. It pissed me off, its like he is not even trying, I am trying not to judge or pressure him to getting healthy, but glaring at him when he goes back for thirds isn't doing the trick and not something I should be doing anyway. He needs to make his own path to health.
Anyhow, I am still here and fighting the sober fight, hope all is well with everyone!