Thread: I Want To Be...
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by SoberRunner View Post
I've tried those things but they only last an hour or so... Then I'm back at home, alone.
Welcome SoberRunner.

One of the things AA has done for me is make it so that I can actually enjoy (yes, enjoy!!) my own company and enjoy serenity and peacefulness, which once would have been felt as boredom and restlessness.

Do you have a Kindle? There are some great books out there that might help pass some time and strengthen your sober-muscles a little. The two that helped me the most in early sobriety were...

Monkey on my shoulder
Living Sober

I'm sure that others will have their own recommendations.

Personally, if I could have any hobby in the world it would be making minatures - maybe a dolls house, but I also have grand schemes for a pub, a market square, a carnival (with the kind of detail that Pieter Brueghel the Younger had, but modern http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...he_Younger.png)

Unfortunately, as lovely as my flat it, it's not much bigger than a dolls house itself, so that's not possible as there isn't the space for what I'm working on, or storing crafting supplies. Dioramas are pretty fun to make though if you have an artistic streak, and won't cost the earth either. You could even make them to show some of the experiences that led to your decision to go sober. xx