View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by YoungAndClean View Post
...like others have said all we can do is quit drinking and we won't have to relive this again. As if it were that easy, hell, now that I can't drive and I'm at home all the time drinking is about the only useful thing to help pass the time. And this is coming from someone who has been clean and sober for the last 3 months. Honestly if I were you I'd keep drinking if you can because whenever I get sober time slows to a halt. Part of the reason this last year and a half has felt like forever was because I was sober for a better part of it. Sorry if my suggestion to drink to pass the days and the time/boredom is terrible advice to give someone with a drinking problem, I'm just being brutally honest and saying it how I see it. You can either get through all this ******** sober or drunk, if you really want to hate your life and feel the full weight of your consequences, do it sober.
Yes, there is nothing worse in life than feeling the "full weight" of the consequences of our actions, and drinking will make that all go away. We should all drink ourselves to death because it makes it seem like time is flying by while we're drinking. Particularly since "drinking is about the only useful thing to help pass the time."

Is there anyone left who wonders why there's so much of a stigma attached to alcoholism?