Old 04-09-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatdeliveryguy

Jeremy (TDG) rehab day 1 but I like Jeremy more

Well I got there early today to fill out the rest of the paperwork I was expecting an hour of paperwork and admission and then some down time and my first 1 on 1 session and then a group session.

As it turns out I got their 40 minutes early and finished the admissions process at the very time of my actual appointment. First unexpected event, , once signed up I am open to take any course I want, and because I was very early for group I was told to take an earlier class.

So I was expecting to be in class around 1 pm but took my first group class at 11pm. The subject, " how do you keep yourself sober" my answer don't drink and focus on the future.

Lets just say my answers was far less involved or advanced then others answers. One girl said, " I set 10 goals everyday, if I accomplish my goals I reward myself" I was expecting some pretty difficult goals, but that wasn't the reality she said, " I wake up everyday make my bed, clean my room, sweep and vacuum, I try to make friend a day, I participate in all my classes" and so forth she went. I realized her goals as she said " focused on routine and things she wouldn't have done drunk". The goals weren't about reinventing the wheel, they were about achieve a pattern in life an stability. I like this advice a lot.

Next, I was supposed to have my first one on one counseling session,but things happened and it had to be postponed tell tomorrow.

So here is my opportunity, rehab didn't kill, just provided a space for me to talk. Really brought to the forefront the idea that sobriety isn't just something you do, but rather a process.

Interesting, so where I go from here I don't know ,but today could be the beginning of an end, or the end to a beginning, time will tell. Nobody can impart that knowledge upon me, but me. Thanks for reading good day